"Beyond the Razor" men's cosmetics, men's makeup and skincare.. coming soon our new range of beard oils, balms and beard cream.
At Beyond the Razor, we believe that there is more to a man’s face then getting that perfect shave. This is why our products are designed for men who want to put their best face forward. Your grooming needs are much more complex then what we’ve traditionally looked at in the past. Because of this, we want you to look fabulous no matter who you are and have all your cosmetic, skincare and beard grooming needs in one place.
Let’s face it, men’s issues in how we look, feel, and how we wish to present ourselves have changed. Unfortunately, many products have not been able to hold up to these issues. You want to look fantastic at any age, and taking care of your skin to keep it healthy presents challenges that your standard over-the-shelf products can’t handle.
Because of these ongoing issues, Beyond the Razor was born. We understand the importance of what it means to look your best. No matter the occasion or day, we proudly offer gender-neutral cosmetics and makeup for men. Sometimes we need a little touch-up or a completely fresh look that gives off a polished air.
Men’s issues are continually evolving and trends to do come and go, but what are these trends?
- Masculinity Evolved - At Beyond the Razor, we see these trends as further discussion on men’s masculinity and what it means to represent oneself in this conversation. Our cosmetics and skincare products and these trends challenge us to push the evolution an extra step so every man can look and feel his best. This conversation also challenges toxic masculinity and promotes a positive self-image. It’s about creating a positive image about who you are as a man, and not how society wants you to be.
- Men's Cosmetics and Men's Make-up – Gender-neutral products have come a long way in today’s world. What was once limited to watches and few clothing choices has spearheaded an age of empowerment with make-up and cosmetics that are geared towards men. As mens face care has evolved, the need to look one’s best has allowed these products to enter the ring as a means of self-expression and even enhance some much-needed confidence.
- Clean and Environmentally Safe – With many prestige skin products targeting women, Beyond the Razor only offers products that are ethical in how they are made. We also provide environmentally - friendly packaging when you buy our products. We also believe in cruelty-free products.
- Self-Care Empowerment – Beyond the Razor takes your well-being into consideration with our products and empowers you to make the choices you need to look and feel your best. Skincare and how we look can be a sensitive and personal issue, and we think every product we offer will empower you to take a more-stronger approach to your self-care. Our products help you break the stigma that is men’s grooming and bring it to the front-line so others can break down any stigmas that surround them.
- It’s All About That Hair – At Beyond the Razor, we are doing what many brands and retailers have failed to do. That is offering products that help with men’s styling and hair care. There’s no longer a need to feel confused about what products to use. We’ve taken an expert position in the market, so you won’t be left hanging on which product to use to take care of your hair and keep it looking great.
At Beyond the Razor, we are more than a company that sells men's cosmetics, men's makeup and beard grooming products. We are here to widen the message that self-care is an essential part of a man’s daily life. We have taken advice from New Zealand’s cosmetic guru, Peter Fahey, a former Managing Director of Yves Saint Laurent Australia and New Zealand for 25 years. We understand the importance of wanting to look your best. This is why our products are natural and designed with only organic ingredients to give you the best, natural looking complexion you can have. We are here to tackle your wrinkles, cover up a blemish, freshen up your face, conceal those eye bags, and even soften that beard.
We are at the forefront of men’s self-care and grooming issues and have sparked a revolution in mens cosmetics, mens makeup and beard grooming and skincare. Looking your best is our mantra and our products are not only designed to do so but also build up your confidence in how you look and present yourself to the world. We aren’t here to change you, but to help you become the man you are meant to be with high-quality cosmetics, beard grooming and skincare line that allows you the freedom to express yourself and feel more confident in how you look and feel within your skin.
OUR COSMETICS PRODUCTS ARE
All cosmetics sold in Canada must be safe to use and must not pose any health risk. They must meet the requirements of the Food and Drugs Act and the Cosmetic Regulations.
Under the Food and Drugs Act, a cosmetic includes "any substance or mixture of substances, manufactured, sold or represented for use in cleansing, improving or altering the complexion, skin, hair or teeth and includes deodorants and perfumes." This includes cosmetics used by professional esthetic services, bulk institutional products (such as hand soap in school rest rooms), as well as "handmade" cosmetics sold at craft sales or home-based businesses.
The Cosmetic Regulations and the Food and Drugs Act require that cosmetics sold in Canada be manufactured, prepared, preserved, packed and stored under sanitary conditions. The manufacturer and importer must notify Health Canada that it is selling the product and provide a list of the product's ingredients.
Additionally, cosmetics are subject to the requirements of the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and Regulations and any chemicals found in cosmetics may be subject to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act.
Health Canada has banned or restricted the use of over 500 chemical ingredients for use in cosmetic products. These chemicals can be found on Canada's Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist. Comparatively, the U.S. has banned only 8 chemical ingredients for use in cosmetics.